Thursday 26 July 2012

Great British Summer at last!

We have had almost a week of summer here in Norfolk and the south of England.  It has been so hot and dry with temperatures as high as 30 celsius in London that it seems unreal that only last week, it bucketed down every day.  This mini heatwave is not expected to last so we are basking in it while we can.  Pete bought a fan for the conservatory as it was too hot to sit in it, even with all the windows and door open.  Every window and door in the house is open so we can get some ventilation.  I even made some iced green tea with elderflower cordial.  Delicious and so refreshing!  I worked on Monday and Tuesday and had the rest of the week off and feel like I am on holiday at home - I have brought out my sunglasses, sun hat, flip flops, skimpy top and shorts.  No need to wait in airport queues, change foreign currency or get stressed for a place in the Mediterranean sun.  It's here - our very own summer holiday at home. I hear a song coming on....bring back those lazy,crazy days of summer...can't remember how the rest goes...!

No comments:

Post a Comment